Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Is it possible to update the version of gcrypt?

From: Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 16:44:48 +0000
Hi,

I would like to make use of an AES mode only available in the most recent version of gcrypt (1.6).  Is it possible to upgrade the version that comes as a result of running the Windows 'setup' target?

My guess is that its not easy, and that we take the version that came with an old version of gnutls, whereas recent versions now use nettle as the low-level crypto library?  We have 10 dissectors that use libgcrypt, so moving to nettle would take a bit of work.  I'm not yet certain that nettle supports what I need (never mind the other current users of gcrypt)- I'd need to write a test program to see if it does what I need.

Regards,
Martin