Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Replacing g_iconv and different codesets

From: Michael Lum <michael.lum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 10:46:29 -0800
Is there a goal to remove g_iconv calls from Wireshark.

I notice the GSM SMS dissector has been changed.

I'm working on an ANSI SMS change but the replacement of g_iconv is not straight forward.

I checked charsets.c/.h and there are two encodings that are not available that are used in the ANSI SMS dissector.

iso-8859-8 (Latin/Hebrew) is pretty easy to add I believe I can follow the pattern for the code that is there now.

The other is EUC-KR (Korean).  I tried to find a code page that looks like the ISO ones but I'm not how these
conversions are supposed to work.

Michael Lum (michael.lum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) | STAR SOLUTIONS | Principal Software Engineer
4600 Jacombs Road, Richmond BC, Canada V6V 3B1 | +1.604.303.2315