Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Windows build crashing today for me

From: Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 16:00:12 +0000 (UTC)
Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson@...> writes:

> My windows build (from current trunk) is crashing upon startup today, with
the error "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an
unusual way".  The usual steps to get rid of this, i.e. doing a 'clean', or
a 'setup' and 'clean' don't make any difference.  And running within MSVC
2010 EE with all of the Exceptions turned on doesn't give any more information.

> Is it just me?

I just updated to r54248, did a distclean and then recompiled using MSVC
2010 EE.  I'm running fine on Windows 7 x64.  I'm currently configured for gtk2.

I would check your preferences.  In the past I encountered a similar startup
problem to what you're experiencing, and in my case it was due to a problem
with the snmp_users file.  You may want to just temporarily move all files
out of your personal configuration folder and see if it makes any difference
to startup.  If it does, then "divide and conquer" to find the offending
file(s).

Good luck!
- Chris