Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 53531: /trunk/ /trunk/epan/dissector

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 14:25:35 -0500
On 11/23/2013 8:32 PM, morriss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=53531

User: morriss
Date: 2013/11/24 01:32 AM

Log:
  Some patches from Peter Harris to make it possible to build the X11 dissector
  again (and some various other improvements):

When compiling X11 with dev CLang 4.8 (dev LLVM 2.4 but soon be be a release), the following warning message is generated:

warning: explicitly assigning a variable of type 'int' to
      itself [-Wself-assign]
    n = n; /* Avoid unreferenced warning */

This is basically just to give a heads up, since this is a very minor nit sompared to all the stuff (warning messages) that got fixed (Thanks).

Using 'n = n + 1' does seem to kill the warning message from Clang so maybe this can be used until the generator "ToDo" related to this code has been completed.

Bill