Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] r54005 by wmeier for packet-mq.c and packet-mq-pcf.c

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 13:07:39 -0500
On 12/13/2013 12:21 PM, RobiOneKenobi wrote:
Reformat hf[] entries ?

Why, now all seems no more aligned for me, and your reformat also
left spaces between text and comma.

You're right; I was sloppy about leaving spaces between the text and the comma. :)

I do not agree with such reformat, as it seems less readable as the
one I�ve put in.

I made the change because, personally, I find the quite long lines quite
difficult to read when they when they exceed the width of my screen
(which I expect they will do on screens used by many).

I like to have some parts aligned to an ease of use for to have the
same length of displayed items.

I understand.

Are there some rules where this is described?

Not really. I do think readability is relevant; I'm not really a fan of the old 72 column limit but I do think there should be some limit.

The above notwithstanding, I can revert the hf[] reformatting if you desire.....

Bill