Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Unavailbility of GTK+ for compiling source code(1.10.3)

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 10:05:10 +0100
Hello,

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 01:18:42PM +0530, Rahul Rohit wrote:
> In order to compile the wireshark 1.10.3 version on my machine, I require GTK + >= 2.12. I tried to search it over the internet but that didn't help. Can somebody please tell me any source from where I can get the package mentioned above?
>
> Output of uname -a is :
>

> Linux 2.6.18-8.el5 #1 SMP 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

> PS: Currently I have GTK+ 2.10

Google told me that you are probably talking about RHEL 5.
We have a page where we try to track which distro has which version of
gtk+ (and some other libs):
http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Glib_Gtk_version_tracking
which seems to indicate the same.

If you can't find anyone building newer versions of the libararies of
a (still maintained) OS needed for Wireshark, you will probably need
to build them yourself :-/

Ciao
      Jörg