Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Mac Mavericks install

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 12:28:57 -0500
I can't help you with your XQuartz/X11 woes, but Gerald's blog entry from October 15 might be of interest to you: https://blog.wireshark.org/2013/10/switching-to-qt/

tl;dr?  Try the latest development release, currently v1.11.2 - no X11 required: http://www.wireshark.org/download.html#development-rel

- Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Keith Gunn
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 8:32 PM
To: wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Wireshark-dev] Mac Mavericks install

HI,

I'm experiencing some difficulty installing. When I first downloaded your package and read the installation notes, this computer didn't have XQuartz on it. So, I finished an installation, but got your message that the latest xQuartz was required. No problem, I downloaded it, and when wireshark asked where it was located, I found it in /Applications/Utilities and gave that address where requested.

Now when I launch wireshark, I get the X11 launch, but no indication of wireshark. I'm thinking it might be right to identify wireshark as an App;ication to XQuartz, but I don't know the appropriate command.

Did I miss something basic? Thanks,

Keith Gunn

--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email message is intended only for use of the intended recipient. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender by replying to this email.  Thank you.