Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Error while installing wireshark 1.10.3

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 12:20:14 -0500
You may have to modify/set the _prefix (and/or possibly other options being passed to %configure) in the wireshark.spec.in file.  Run "./configure --help" to find out all the options, and then set what you need in the spec file.

Not sure why you'd want to use the 1.8.6 spec file for 1.10.3, but I have no idea if it would work or not.  One way to find out though ...