Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] To display reserved fields or not display reserved fields, t

From: Edwin Groothuis <Edwin.Groothuis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 00:34:57 +0000

Hello,

Display it. You are writing a dissector which describes the data seen on the wire, not one which goes “You are not interested in this”.

Also, if there is something on the screen which says “Reserved” or a number of bits which say “Not in use” and there is a value in it, then you know that there has been some update in the protocol and that you need to update your dissector.

Edwin