Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] To display reserved fields or not display reserved fields, t

Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 11:16:50 -0500 (EST)
The best would be
proto_tree_add_item(seg_param_tree, hf_scsi_reserved, tvb, offset, 2, ENC_BIG_ENDIAN)   (obviously may need adjusting for your specfic situation)
offset += 2

so it's filterable (and users can possibly find situtions where reserved fields aren't 0)

Different hf_ filters variables may need to be created if size/bitmasks are different between the reserved fields, but they can all have the same filter name if you want (ie "scsi.reserved").