Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Error while installing wireshark 1.10.3

From: Sreejith M M <sreejith.mm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 20:11:06 +0530
Looks like some problem with rpm creation.
Did you solve this?

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Vishnu Bhatt <vishnu.bhatt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I have compiled the source code of Wireshark version 1.10.3. Everything worked fine. But after the rpm was created, I tried to install it and got the following error.

error: unpacking of archive failed on file /install/bin/dumpcap: cpio: cap_set_file failed - Operation not supported

I tried to search it but to no avail.

Can somebody help with the issue?

Output of uname –a is:

Linux 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP EST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanks and Regards

Vishnu Bhatt