Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Status Cmake Win32 support

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 00:39:46 +0100
On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 10:04:36PM +0000, Graham Bloice wrote:
> > modified
> > > >

> > > On my cmake test env, using the VS201 generator and msbuild, building
> > > wireshark or tshark is successful without any plugins being built.
> >
> > Perhaps see below.
> >

> Just updated to r53798 and an msbuild of wireshark using the VS2010
> solution (msbuild Wireshark.sln /maxcpucount /p:Configuration=Release
> /t:Executables\wireshark) still doesn't build any plugins.
>
> I can build a plugin by specifying them directly, e.g. msbuild
> Wireshark.sln /maxcpucount /p:Configuration=Release /t:Plugins\mate

Ah, after looking up the meaning of the /t: switch I think I understand
what is going on here: In cmake there is no dependency of *shark and dftest
on the existence of the plugins. My command line builds everything. This
should be the same on all operating systems. I'll look into that next week
if I remember it.

> Better news is that all the executables now build except for text2pcap.

How does the build fail?

> I get some warnings for qtshark:
>
>          E:\Wireshark\trunk\ui\qt\capture_interfaces_dialog.ui : warning :
> The name 'layoutWidget' (QWidget) is already in use, defaulting to
> 'layoutWidget1'. [E:\Wireshark\build\ui\qt\qtui.vcxproj]
>          E:\Wireshark\trunk\ui\qt\capture_interfaces_dialog.ui : warning :
> The name 'layoutWidget' (QWidget) is already in use, defaulting to
> 'layoutWidget2'. [E:\Wireshark\build\ui\qt\qtui.vcxproj]
>          E:\Wireshark\trunk\ui\qt\capture_interfaces_dialog.ui : warning :
> The name 'layoutWidget' (QWidget) is already in use, defaulting to
> 'layoutWidget3'. [E:\Wireshark\build\ui\qt\qtui.vcxproj]
>          E:\Wireshark\trunk\ui\qt\capture_interfaces_dialog.ui : warning :
> The name 'layoutWidget' (QWidget) is already in use, defaulting to
> 'layoutWidget4'. [E:\Wireshark\build\ui\qt\qtui.vcxproj]
>          E:\Wireshark\trunk\ui\qt\capture_interfaces_dialog.ui : warning :
> The name 'layoutWidget' (QWidget) is already in use, defaulting to
> 'layoutWidget5'. [E:\Wireshark\build\ui\qt\qtui.vcxproj]
>          RCC : warning : No resources in
> 'E:/Wireshark/trunk/ui/qt/welcome.qrc'.
> [E:\Wireshark\build\ui\qt\qtui.vcxproj]

I get them as well, they are "mistakes" in the code and are not Win specific.
I don't remember whether the messages are Win only, but the mistakes are not.

Ciao
     Jörg