Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Status Cmake Win32 support

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 00:45:48 +0100
On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 09:42:27PM +0000, Graham Bloice wrote:
> I have a fix for the zlib issue, not sure if it's acceptable though. In
> CMakeLists.txt, epan\CMakeLists.txt and wiretap\CMakeLists.txt, add
> "include_directories(BEFORE ${ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIRS})" before the first
> "add_executable" or "add_library" instruction.  This forces the zlib
> include dir to the front of all subsequent compiles for the generator.
>
> I tried all sorts of ways to get zlib to the front but it appears the VS
> solution generator will always sort the includes alphabetically unless
> there is a BEFORE option.  I'd hoped to do this in the FindZLib.cmake
> module but the incantations are beyond me.

I've started testing your patches with my nmake setup and decided to start
with zlib. As it is still compiling I will only see the results after
getting up again.

While I think that this particular problem should be fixed on the package
side (too), we can expect to see some sort of problem of this type from
time to time so I will do some additional experiments to get this into
FindZLIB if possible.

Comments on the remaining patches will follow - but they take time to test
and I will have to understand some of them first.

Ciao
    Jörg