Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Modifying custom giop dissector

Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 16:36:15 +0000
> If your type is FT_INT64 you use proto_tree_add_int64[_format_value]
> If your type is FT_UINT64 you use proto_tree_add_uint64[_format_value]
>
> Same is true for 32-bit values- signed and unsigned types have different
APIs.

OK, thanks, that fixes it. I must have been lucky with the 32 bit
ones. I guess they were defined in the IDL as unsigned.

It does seem odd that the data specifies the type and then you have to
call a type specific function.

I assume as nobody has replied, there isn't an easier way than editing
the output of omniorb. It would be nice if there was a way of
adding some formatting hints in the IDL comments or something like that.

Regards

Andy Ling