Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Modifying custom giop dissector

Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 16:08:21 +0000
> > So are you generating the dissector and then manually modifying it
> > with your "timecodeString" function?
>
> Yes. If there is a better way I'm all ears.
>
> Similarly, some of the INTs are better displayed as hex.
> I can modify the BASE_DEC to say BASE_HEX, but if there is a better
> way it would be nice to know.

Is this supposed to work for 64 bit numbers?

I have an entry that looks like

{&hf_Quentin_RushIdent_first,
{"RushIdent_first","giop-q_quentin.RushIdent.first",FT_INT64,BASE_DEC,NULL,0x0,NULL,HFILL}},

If I change it to FT_UINT64 & BASE_HEX I get an error in the dissector

Message: proto.c:3258: failed assertion "hfinfo->type == FT_INT64"

Making a similar change to variables that are FT_INT32 seems to work as
expected.

Thanks for any help

Andy Ling