Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark-qt : Capture Interfaces

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 16:20:09 -0800
On Nov 26, 2013, at 5:45 AM, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2.  The Capture enable check-boxes seem to be a carry over from the GTK version.  Another approach is to drop the column and check-boxes and make the rows multi-select so that the user just selects the rows for the interfaces they wish to capture on.

That might make sense, especially given that it works that way in the main window (select one or more interfaces and start a capture).

Should we make the GTK+ version work that way, if we ship both for 1.12?  The good news is that it'd be consistent between GTK+ and Qt; the bad news is that it'd be inconsistent between 1.10 (and earlier) and 1.12 GTK+.