Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Lemon crashing on Solaris? (was Re: [Wireshark-commits] buil

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 14:59:44 -0800
On Nov 24, 2013, at 2:21 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, the Sun^WOracle C compiler might also accept some of those flags, and it might generate code that causes a SIGABRT on SPARC:

That might be -ftrapv, which appears to me to be mutually-exclusive with -fwrapv; -ftrapv says "trap on signed integer overflow" and -fwrapv means "wrap around on signed integer overflow", and I don't think you can do both, other than "trap and, if somebody returns from the trap handler, wrap around".

I suspect most code we're using expects wraparound, either explicitly or implicitly.

I don't think the MIT CSAIL paper was saying "use all the GCC flags we mentioned", especially given that using both -ftrapv and -fwrapv doesn't seem to make sense.

I've removed -ftrapv; we'll see what that does.