Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Lemon crashing on Solaris? (was Re: [Wireshark-commits] buildbot

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 14:21:27 -0800
On Nov 24, 2013, at 12:55 PM, buildbot-no-reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The Buildbot has detected a new failure on builder Solaris-10-SPARC while building Wireshark (development).
> Full details are available at:
> http://buildbot.wireshark.org/trunk/builders/Solaris-10-SPARC/builds/7926
>
> Buildbot URL: http://buildbot.wireshark.org/trunk/
>
> Buildslave for this Build: solaris-10-sparc
>
> Build Reason: scheduler
> Build Source Stamp: 53551
> Blamelist: rbalint

This is odd, because that change added some GCC flags, but the Solaris build is *not* being run with GCC, as far as I know.

However, the Sun^WOracle C compiler might also accept some of those flags, and it might generate code that causes a SIGABRT on SPARC:

gmake[3]: Entering directory `/home/wireshark/builders/trunk/sol10sparc/build/epan/dfilter'
  LEMON    grammar.c
  CC       libdfilter_la-dfilter.lo
  CC       libdfilter_la-dfilter-macro.lo

/bin/bash: line 1:  9435 Abort                   (core dumped) ../../tools/lemon/lemon t=./../../tools/lemon/lempar.c ./grammar.lemon