Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] proto_field_is_referenced

From: Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 14:42:10 -0500
Based on a quick skim it looks like a more powerful version of the
usual if (tree) performance checks. When filtering, tree cannot be
NULL as there must be somewhere for the filtered fields to be
attached, but if you are filtering on HTTP then there is no need to
fill in the Ethernet/TCP/IP fields so they can all be skipped by
checking proto_field_is_referenced.

It doesn't appear to be much used though...

Evan