Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark coding style help

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 17:05:10 -0800
On Nov 21, 2013, at 4:37 PM, Michael Lum <michael.lum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can someone tell me why code like this:
>
> i++;
>
> would have been changed to this:
>
> i += 1;
>
> ?

If the code in question is stepping through a packet, and "i" is actually "offset" or some such variable holding the offset into the packet, and other code is doing "offset += 2" or "offset += 4", people might have used "offset += 1" to make the style more consistent and to put the field length into all the incrementing lines of code.