Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] buildbot failure in Wireshark (developme

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 14:51:19 -0800
On Nov 16, 2013, at 2:12 PM, Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Still it seems to be quite complicated ...

People must do this sort of thing - have DLLs that import stuff from other DLLs - often enough on Windows to make it not *that* painful, right?

We could, I guess, have separate ws_symbol_export.h and ws_symbol_import.h files, both of which reset the definitions of the macros in question, with the convention being that:

	source files that are part of programs include ws_symbol_import.h before including other header files;

	source files that are part of libraries:

		include ws_symbol_import.h;

		include all headers *except* for headers for the library to which they belong;

		include ws_symbol_export.h;

		include all headers for the library to which they belong.