Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] rf5 file (k18)

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 13:36:58 -0800
On Nov 15, 2013, at 8:55 AM, Noura KELLOUL <kelloulnoura@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I need to open a rf5 file (k18) of tektronix by Wireshark, but an error  "rf5 file may be corrupt or damaged" appears.
>
> Please could you suggest a way to dissect this capture (with a programming language , wireshark tool, ......).

I suggest that you file a bug at http://bugs.wireshark.org/ and attach the capture file.  Either

	1) the file really *is* corrupt or damaged

or

	2) there's a bug somewhere in the Wireshark code to read rf5 files and you won't be able to read the file with Wireshark until it's fixed.

(Yes, we will need to see the capture file to figure out what the problem is.)