Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] A newbie to contributiobn

From: Shankar Raman <shankaraman.r@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 13:15:11 +0530
Hello all,
              I read the documentation and downloaded the source using Sub version.
               $ svn checkout http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/wireshark/trunk wireshark

After the download I read that we need to build the source in our machine ( I am using Ubuntu 13.04 64bit OS). Building is necessary before modifying the source?
   For giving it a try, I started building the components. Unfortunately the building process showed some errors due to the missing packages like libtool, automake, autoconf. I fixed those missing dependencies, and then I came across another missing package named "QT". Here is my stdout

checking if profile builds must be generated... no
checking for Qt5Core - version >= 4.6.0... no
checking for QtCore - version >= 4.6.0... no
configure: error: Qt is not available

I installed QT 5 which is greater than version 4.6, from this link http://qt-project.org/downloads . But still I am not able to rebuild the source, it pops out the same error again and again.

checking if profile builds must be generated... no
checking for Qt5Core - version >= 4.6.0... no
checking for QtCore - version >= 4.6.0... no
configure: error: Qt is not available

Can anyone help me out in fixing this issue? Thank you very much.

--
Regards,
Shankarraman.