Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] compile test of checkins mandatory ?

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 10:39:00 -0500
On 11/08/13 10:09, Toralf Förster wrote:
In the past few weeks I run more often than expected after a "svn
update" into an build error, mostly obvious coding style issues / typos
/ "treat warning as errors" were the culprit.

This let me wondering, if there isn't a hook in the central svn server
to reject such check-in attempts ?

I contemplated mentioning this a couple of weeks ago after you sent a mail to the list about the current SVN building. In general, we'll know pretty within a couple of hours (the time for the buildbots to actually do the builds) if we (or someone) break(s) the build. And someone will fix it soon enough; usually giving it a few hours is sufficient for someone to fix it.