Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] A newbie to contributiobn

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 11:59:22 -0000

Hi,

Welcome to the community,

The dev mailing list is usually the best place for these sort of discussions, so I’ll cc the dev list so others can see as well.

Personally I’m not sure how we “assign” Bugzilla items, unless someone is grabbing the item to work on it themselves but adding your email to the CC list for the bug ensures you’ll know if someone else “touches” the item

The Developers Guide section on contributions (3.9) discusses how to contribute your code changes.

For a straightforward bugfix, just attaching the patch to the Bugzilla item and setting “review_for_checkin” to “?” would be sufficient.

For a more complex bugfix, or something such as a change in UI, then it might be best to start a discussion on the dev mailing list to canvas opinions.

Hope this helps.