Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark development setup Help

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 09:51:46 +0000
On 11 November 2013 09:16, Sreejith M M <sreejith.mm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Even the below files does not exist in my PC.

For the sake of future users, I believe the wireshark developer doc must be editied

Maybe you could use the Explorer search facility to find the files?  Doing so on my XP /2010 Express build environment found:

  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat
  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC\vcvarsall.bat
  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat

vcvars32 and vsvars32 are identical, vsvarsall is a wrapper to setup the environment for cross compiling (e.g. amd64 on x86) by passing in extra parsm

There is another simpler way however, in the Start Menu, under the Visual Studio Express item there should be an entry for "Visual Studio Command Prompt (2010)".  Use that and the environment is set for you.

I believe there are some issues around Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and the 7.1 SDK, generally around breaking the compilers.  Google will lead you to some info.