Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Add data parameter to tcp_dissect_pdus?

Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 12:33:44 -0500 (EST)
Should tcp_dissect_pdus() add a data parameter to allow "private data" that was passed to a dissector running over TCP to be used by the dissector itself?

I debated this when removing the pinfo->private data used to pass struct tcpinfo data in r53036.  The only current dissector that uses tcp_dissect_pdus() + the "private data" from TCP is the NDMP dissector, so I didn't think it was worth it and just used p_add_proto_data().  I didn't add p_add_proto_data() in enough places and caused bugs 9393-9394 which is what opened this discussion.  Now I'm leaning more towards having the data parameter.

Curious as to other opinions.

Michael