Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Future of glib?

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 22:53:51 +0100
I agree, but glib is still part of gtk. And as of now, the normal way
of installing glib would be to install gtk onto the system. So
basically you have two frameworks, and you will need both to develop
for ws from now on. I am not trying to change anything here, and I
accept that as of right now, no change is necessary. But as long as
new dissectors are integrated, new code is being written, everything
in the main libraries is being based on glib. And gradually changing
something from here on out seems to be a petter plan than to change
anything later in a rather short time-span.

btw, I do not suggest changing to c++, I honestly do not know what the
target should be.

regards,
Roland

p.s.: I am fine with glib staying. Depend on some of the functionality
for my dissectors anyway.