Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 53024: /trunk/image/ /trunk/image/:

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 16:56:05 +0100
2013/11/3 Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 01:45:28AM +0100, Joerg Mayer wrote:
> Might be. Unfortunately my Windows test machine is offline for a possible but
> unlikely virus infection until our admins get back into office to do the checks
> on monday, so I have to guess here:
> - Is cygwin part of your path?
> - What is the output of the "cmake" run?

I just changed runlex and the other build systems to explicitely pass the sed
executable to runlex.sh, so hopefully your problem is fixed. Please test.

Hi Jörg,

when using r53061 and adding Cygwin bin folder to PATH (seems to be mandatory, was not needed for nmake), I was able to generate the ascend.c file and the other autogenerated ones.

Using Windows cmd.exe command line and executing 'cmake --build .', the generation of register.c fails because the command line is too long:

  Generating register.c

  La ligne entrée est trop longue.
  C:\wireshark\build\epan>c:\Python27\python.exe C:/wireshark/trunk/tools/make-dissector-reg.py C:/wireshark/trunk/epan dissectors dissectors/file-elf.c dissectors/file-mp4.c dissectors/packet-2dparityfec.c dissectors/packet-3com-njack.c dissectors/packet-3com-xns.c dissectors/packet-3g-a11.c dissectors/packet-6lowpan.c dissectors/packet-9p.c dissectors/packet-aarp.c dissectors/packet-aastra-aasp.c
[...]
error MSB6006: Arrêt de "cmd.exe" avec le code 255.

What shell did you or Graham use? I gave Powershell a quick try also but it failed.

Pascal.