Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Problem associating filter with bytes...

From: David Long <davidlongaf1984@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 09:26:17 -0400
I am having a problem similiar to this post.

I ran this exact lua script

I made a slight change to associate the dissector with port 80 because I have a test pcap with that traffic.  At the bottom of the page in the screenshot (from the above link) shows a filterable field called myproto.command that links to 0x ebff.  When I run this script it parses out the bytes but my bytes (2 bytes from traffic) show up as text.  If this data is text then I cannot filter or use tshark command.  Can you shed some light on this matter?  I have tried a lot of different things and cannot get it to work:(

Thanks,

David