Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Coverity warning in tshark.c

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 23:58:17 +0200
Looks like coverity has a valid complaint:

CID 1109702: Dereference after null check (FORWARD_NULL)

/tshark.c: 2859 ( var_compare_op)
   2856      /* If we're going to print packet information, or we're going to
   2857         run a read filter, or we're going to process taps, set up to
   2858         do a dissection and do so. */
>>> Comparing "edt" to null implies that "edt" might be null.
   2859      if (edt) {
   2860        if (gbl_resolv_flags.mac_name || gbl_resolv_flags.network_name ||
   2861            gbl_resolv_flags.transport_name || gbl_resolv_flags.concurrent_dns)
   2862          /* Grab any resolved addresses */
   2863          host_name_lookup_process();

/tshark.c: 2903 ( var_deref_model)
   2900        if (print_packet_info) {
   2901          /* We're printing packet information; print the information for
   2902             this packet. */
>>> Passing null variable "edt" to function "print_packet", which dereferences it.
   2903          print_packet(cf, edt);
   2904
   2905          /* The ANSI C standard does not appear to *require* that a line-buffered
   2906             stream be flushed to the host environment whenever a newline is
   2907             written, it just says that, on such a stream, characters "are

Ciao
    Jörg