Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] MATE

From: JM <ubahmapk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 21:16:15 -0500
Are there plans to continue developing (or maintaining?) MATE, or is the focus now on Lua?

The reason I ask is that I've searched around and noticed that the documentation is split between the two formats, and it doesn't look like much has changed in quite a while.

I'm considering writing a paper for the SANS Reading Room about using MATE and some possible ways it could help incident responders, but wanted to be sure this plugin would be around a while first. :-)

If it is, I'd also be glad to help clean up the Wiki docs as I'm writing.

I'm not positive this is the right place to ask, so please redirect me if I should be asking somewhere else :-)

Thanks! :-)

--
Jon Mark

/* If you haven't found something strange during the day, it hasn't been much of a day.
-- John A. Wheeler */