Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 52608: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: Anders Broman <a.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 07:19:34 +0200
Maynard, Chris skrev 2013-10-15 00:47:
Why not add a fence so it's always visible then?

My point is that I don't want to write column info in the VLAN dissector to speed up dissection. If it could be arranged to only write the "last" entry that will actually be in the packet list or written out by tshark it would be much more efficient. One option is to only write to columns if next dissector isn't found in the cases where that is possible.

In the reference trace I'm pursuing col_add_fstr() costs 7.52 is called 4,7 million times, where of 2.8 million times is from the VLAN dissector.
Regards
Anders