Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 52607: /trunk/ui/qt/ /trunk/ui/qt/:

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 18:00:04 -0700
On Oct 14, 2013, at 2:17 PM, gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Get rid of the group box -- the OS X and Windows HIGs
> discourage its use and I'm not sure if it fits the GNOME HIG in this
> case either.

...and there's another HIG at least as relevant to Qt applications, if not more so:

	http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG/GroupBox

The list

	* Always try to use a group box to arrange related controls.
	* Use a frame to arrange related controls that cannot be labeled.
	* Do not group single controls.
	* Consider to communicate relationship by layout only.

from there seems to limit the places where group boxes should be used.