Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Status Cmake Win32 support

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 15:36:33 +0200

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 1:22 AM, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 03:48:32PM -0700, Gerald Combs wrote:
> > - qtshark on win *requires* that gtk includes are present to build:
> >   file_dlg_win32.c:#include <gtk/gtk.h>
>
> This should be fixed in r52542-52545.

Wow, that was fast!

> > - Determine what else is missing to get rid of the old nmake infrastucture
>
> The NSIS and PortableApps packaging depends on nmake.

I still have to look at cpack for packaging, but getting it to build a source
package was "trivial" when I tried that some years ago - of course not so trivial
that I would be able to reproduce it within half an hour...
cpack has an NSIS module by the way - but I never packaged more than source.

May also look Wix ? (to replace NSIS...)

> > - Other build platforms (there seems to be at least some interest in VS).
>
> Xcode?

If someone uses and knows Xcode and wants to work on this: Sure.

Ciao
      Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>