Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Help needed building portaudio for windows

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 09:18:20 +0100
On 12 October 2013 23:10, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 07:45:10PM +0100, Graham Bloice wrote:
> On 12 October 2013 18:20, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I still haven't found out how to build portaudio in the
> > Wireshark-win32-libs
> > directory. Can someone please provide information where this is documented
> > or how to do it if no such documentation exists?
> >

> The portaudio object files are built in ui\gtk\Makefile.nmake from the
> sources in the portaudio lib directory.  The objects are then directly
> linked into libgtkui.

I just looked at it and while it would be easy to copy that solution
I don't like it.
Is there any reason why zlib and portaudio aren't built by the setup
target/script instead of the build process?

Setup doesn't really know what toolchain you'll be building with.

The reason for compiling zlib is because of crt mismatch so that definitely needs to be built with the correct toolchain.

Portaudio doesn't distribute binary packages so must be built from source but it does have CMake support already.