Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Inconsistent QT5_BASE_DIR

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 00:45:45 +0200
On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 12:23:52PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:

> On Oct 12, 2013, at 10:24 AM, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > set setup for nmake seems to be C:\Qt\Qt5.1.1\5.1.1\msvc2010 while the
> > value for cmake is just c:\qt\qt5.1.1\5.1.1
>
> Does CMake somehow look for a subdirectory of C:\Qt\Qt5.1.1\5.1.1, or otherwise arrange, with MSVC 2010, to look in C:\Qt\Qt5.1.1\5.1.1\msvc2010?

I can always do: ${QT5_BASE_DIR}/${CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ID}/ or something
like that.

> > My motivation was to not rule out mingw builds.
>
> And is there a C:\Qt\Qt5.1.1\5.1.1\mingw directory for those builds?

Well, at http://qt-project.org/downloads there is a mingw download
available, and though I didn't verify that it replaces msvc2010 by
mingw<version> I assume it does.

> And how would you tell CMake which toolchain is being used?

That's what we generate for. On my Win7 system, the generators supported
by cmake are:

mayer@WiresharkPC /cygdrive/c/wireshark/trunk
$ cmake
cmake version 2.8.11.2
Usage

  cmake [options] <path-to-source>
  cmake [options] <path-to-existing-build>

[Deleted]

Generators

The following generators are available on this platform:
  Visual Studio 6             = Generates Visual Studio 6 project files.
  Visual Studio 7             = Generates Visual Studio .NET 2002 project
                                files.
  Visual Studio 10            = Generates Visual Studio 10 (2010) project
                                files.
  Visual Studio 11            = Generates Visual Studio 11 (2012) project
                                files.
  Visual Studio 12            = Generates Visual Studio 12 (2013) project
                                files.
  Visual Studio 7 .NET 2003   = Generates Visual Studio .NET 2003 project
                                files.
  Visual Studio 8 2005        = Generates Visual Studio 8 2005 project files.
  Visual Studio 9 2008        = Generates Visual Studio 9 2008 project files.
  Borland Makefiles           = Generates Borland makefiles.
  NMake Makefiles             = Generates NMake makefiles.
  NMake Makefiles JOM         = Generates JOM makefiles.
  Watcom WMake                = Generates Watcom WMake makefiles.
  MSYS Makefiles              = Generates MSYS makefiles.
  MinGW Makefiles             = Generates a make file for use with
                                mingw32-make.
  Unix Makefiles              = Generates standard UNIX makefiles.
  Ninja                       = Generates build.ninja files (experimental).
  CodeBlocks - MinGW Makefiles= Generates CodeBlocks project files.
  CodeBlocks - NMake Makefiles= Generates CodeBlocks project files.
  CodeBlocks - Ninja          = Generates CodeBlocks project files.
  CodeBlocks - Unix Makefiles = Generates CodeBlocks project files.
  Eclipse CDT4 - MinGW Makefiles
                              = Generates Eclipse CDT 4.0 project files.
  Eclipse CDT4 - NMake Makefiles
                              = Generates Eclipse CDT 4.0 project files.
  Eclipse CDT4 - Ninja        = Generates Eclipse CDT 4.0 project files.
  Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles
                              = Generates Eclipse CDT 4.0 project files.
  Sublime Text 2 - MinGW Makefiles
                              = Generates Sublime Text 2 project files.
  Sublime Text 2 - NMake Makefiles
                              = Generates Sublime Text 2 project files.
  Sublime Text 2 - Ninja      = Generates Sublime Text 2 project files.
  Sublime Text 2 - Unix Makefiles
                              = Generates Sublime Text 2 project files.

Ciao
     Jörg