Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Status Cmake Win32 support

From: Bálint Réczey <balint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 22:07:10 +0200
Hi Jörg,

2013/10/11 Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Another milestone hit:
>
> - Win 32bit: The following executables build and run from the build directory
>   (as well as capture if they should be able to). *: Acutally tested
>   $ ls *exe
>   capinfos.exe* dumpcap.exe  mergecap.exe  randpkt.exe   reordercap.exe  tshark.exe*
>   dftest.exe    editcap.exe  qtshark.exe*  rawshark.exe  text2pcap.exe   wireshark.exe*
>
> TODO
There is also a TODO list in README.cmake:
What needs to be done?
======================

- Add back platform specific objects.
- Fix places in the cmake files marked as todo.
- Guides are not installed.
- Release notes are not built.
- Build source package (using CPack).
  This is obsolete if we decide to release VCS snapshots instead
- Build rpm package (using CPack).
- Build dpkg package (using CPack).
  This is obsolete, we should call CMake from debian/rules instead, using dh
  (rbalint)
- Add back checkAPI target.
- Test and add support for other platforms (BSDs, OSX,
  Solaris, Win32, Win64, ...)

I would like to get the Debian package generation from CMake removed
from the list
because it is not the right way of creating Debian packages.
I have reworked the official packages to be ready to switch to CMake, please
sync from there instead.

> - 64bit support
> - GTK3 detection (i.e. getting pkg-config to work for out setting)
> - PORTAUDIO support (I probably only need to build it as the nmake
>   setup process does not seem to do that).
> - Review the cmake and nmake log messages and (try to) fix everything
>   that's not purely informational
>
> - Move setup completely out of the nmake Makefiles into the existing
>   or a new setup script.
> - Maybe a better structured setup with a uniform layout for all packages.
> - Review by the people who know Windows and the nmake setup (similar to what
>   Guy has been doing for the autotools - cmake sync).
> - qtshark on win *requires* that gtk includes are present to build:
>   file_dlg_win32.c:#include <gtk/gtk.h>
> - abi check: Move abi check operation into a UseABICheck.cmake file and
>   call that from CMakeLists. Then make it work on Win32 in a single place.
I think it is obsolete on Windows but refactoring it makes sense.

> @Balint: Would you be willing to do the abi check cleanup stuff?
Sure.