Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] 1.11.0 release

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 17:00:47 -0700
On 10/10/13 9:45 AM, Graham Bloice wrote:
> On 10 October 2013 01:33, Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>     For people doing development on Windows, would you rather have the Qt
>     SDK in a central location on your system (I've been using c:\Qt) or in
>     WIRESHARK_LIB_DIR with everything else (which means taking up a lot of
>     space if you have multiple WIRESHARK_LIB_DIRs)?
>

> I'm the odd one out on this it seems, I have no use for QT5 apart from
> Wireshark, so would like them in the WIRESHARK_LIB_DIR.  I've only ever
> had two lib dirs, one for x86 and one for amd64.

It looks like we can support arbitrary locations, at least with the
official Qt installer. Qt binaries on Windows have their path hard-coded
although it's possible to change them:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/913642/qmake-and-qt-install-prefix-how-can-i-select-a-new-location-for-qt-library

The official installer adjusts the prefix automatically when you install
in a non-standard location. The packages I built don't and would require
manual adjustment.

I checked in a change to look for Qt in both C:\Qt and
WIRESHARK_LIB_DIR. The next step is to get it installed without too much
fuss. I don't think we should add it to the list of libraries handled by
"process_libs" since that would mean waiting for half a GB to unpack
every time you run "setup".