Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Idea for faster dissection on second pas

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 19:20:18 -0700
That would be a good additions, but I always tried to do something like :
as soon as the heuristic dissector found a match then it would
explicitely register itself as the dissector for the conversation.
Perhaps we can make something like that automatic?

Similarly to the current discussion some dissectors (hello smb) has
some really huge value_strings for the response value.
Since a search across a linear valuestring is linear it would be nice
if it could also "bubble" frequent entries towards the head if the
array.