Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] fuzzing UDP/TCP dissectors with no port assignment

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 09:22:45 -0400 (EDT)
Anders brought up a question in bug 9241 that I've always been curious about (and I think the discussion is better served on -dev than the bug).  We have many TCP/UDP dissectors that don't have an IANA assigned port number or are not setup as heuristic dissectors.  In these cases their port number = 0 and it's up to a user preference to set it to a value corresponding to their trace.  If that step is required to invoke the dissector, how are the fuzzbots handling it?   Are all of these dissectors just not getting fuzzed?