Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 52413: /trunk/epan/ /trunk/epan/diss

From: Edwin Groothuis <edwin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 10:27:57 +1100
On 7/10/13 10:13 , Joerg Mayer wrote:
No, unfortunately it can't be added: It can only be added if the only copyright for the file is Copyright (c) 1989 Regents of the University of California. As you mentioned that is not the case here, we either need permission from * This file created by Irfan Khan <ikhan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> * Copyright (c) 2001 by QUALCOMM, Incorporated. or we can't distribute binaries using that file. What we can do though is provide the source file without compiling it in. So maybe put it into the wiki so the knowhow isn't lost in case someone wants to recreate it (or just use it for a locally built copy).

Or add a new configure option to include the building and linking of these files. Make sure that the buildbot uses this option but the distributionbot doesn't use it.

Edwin