Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] portaudio and zlib on Windows

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 16:46:57 +0100
On 4 October 2013 16:31, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I just looked at the zlib and portaudio packages from the win32 and win64
packages and it looks like all 4 are source only (no libs and no include
dir).
Is this intentional or did I just miss something?

zlib is compiled by nmake. This is because the pre-built dll's may be linked with the wrong msvcrt dll, so a local compile avoids all that.  The source dir is copied to zlib.tmp, compiled and then zlib.tmp is removed.

I don't know about portaudio, but as config.nmake defines some CFLAGS for it I suspect it gets compiled locally as well.