Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark PIDL generated dissectors

Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 10:54:34 -0400 (EDT)
The check_col function in the Wireshark source has been deprecated for awhile, but never officially removed.  I've been modifying the source (removing calls) so that it can be officially removed.  The last big hurdle was the DCE/RPC generated dissector files.  I've had a difficult time trying to regenerate the dissectors with the necessary modified source, so I just manually updated dissectors to mimic what the source should generate.
Attached is a patch that contains the modifications to "PIDL source" that generates the dissector files (and not the dissector files themselves).  I couldn't tell from the Wireshark wiki [1] if this was maintained by samba or Wireshark, so now both will now have a copy, with the source already committed to Wireshark repository [3].

Patch is also available in Wireshark bugzilla [3].

Michael Mann