Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problems with Windows build environment

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 16:52:40 +0100
On 24 September 2013 16:37, RobiOneKenobi <robionekenobi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

This is a missmatch mix between Wireshark-Win32-Lib (that is downloaded the rebuilt) and Wireshark-Win64-Lib (also downloaded and rebuilt)

When you start in Win64, you must re-build all, and if you plan to change to Win32, you again must rebuild all, because some parts

On my computer, I've put the following:

The build command does:         nmake -f Makefile.nmake all
The rebuild command does        nmake -f Makefile.nmake setup distclean all

The setup is also rebuilt and there is no more mix between Win32/Win64

This advice is correct for the current build system using nmake, since the builds are done in-source, i.e. the object files and libraries a generated inside the source tree.  Switch from x86 to amd64 and vice-versa does require a distclean.

However, Joerg is experimenting with a CMake build which I assume is being done out-of-tree, i.e. a separate build directory for each of x86 and amd64.

Graham