Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Tool Ownership and Licensing

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 14:34:26 -0700
On Sep 13, 2013, at 11:45 AM, Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We have the following tools in our source tree without appropriate
> license headers,

There's also tools/make-dissector-reg.py, which was written by Gilbert Ramirez:

	r2873 | gram | 2001-01-10 23:21:35 -0800 (Wed, 10 Jan 2001) | 8 lines

	Add a python script which has the same functionality as the shell
	script 'make-reg-dotc'. It is used only in the Win32 build because the
	make-reg-dotc shell script is *so* sloooooooooow on Win32, due to the
	multiple processes (grep, grep, sed) launched multiple times for each
	source file. By putting all the text-mangling logic into a single Python
	script, only one process is launched, and the source files are read
	only once. It's *a lot* faster... seconds instead of minutes.

I'm not sure why checklicenses.py isn't reporting that one, however.