Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 52106: /trunk/epan/ /trunk/epan/diss

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 14:37:37 -0400
On 09/16/13 17:15, gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=52106

User: gerald
Date: 2013/09/16 02:15 PM

Log:
  Convert each of the address.h macros to inline functions.

  Document each function. Note that we now call tvb_get_ptr() before
  modifying the address in tvb_set_address() and tvb_set_address_hf(). The
  caller doesn't have to worry about doing that any more. Add
  add_address_to_hash64().

Hmm, the complication in doing this is that it would seem that some compilers (in this case Sun's) want to resolve the symbols in those inline functions even in modules the inline functions are not used in. From the Solaris buildbot's log:

  CCLD   dumpcap
Undefined			first referenced
 symbol  			    in file
se_alloc                            dumpcap-capture_opts.o
tvb_get_ptr                         dumpcap-capture_opts.o
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/dumpcap

I can't imagine we want to link dumpcap with libwireshark but I have another idea of how to solve this problem.