Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Question regarding emem -> wmem conversion

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 17:36:24 +0200
Evan,

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 11:23:33AM -0400, Evan Huus wrote:
> The only other thing to be aware of when doing conversions is that user
> table callbacks (UATs) sometimes use ep_ memory, but can be called from the
> preferences page when no packet is being dissected, so if you convert these
> to wmem they will assert. UAT memory management is also on my list to
> figure out once the main conversions are done.

Don't worry, I'll leave the non-trivial cases to you ;-)

> Thanks for your help with the conversions!

It's not that just because you started it you have to do all the boring work
alone ;->

grep -s emem.h epan/dissectors/* | wc -l
134

So if we could split this between a few people at least the trivial part
could be done quickly.

> P.S. I have a few vim macros that I wrote to speed up the process. I can
> share them if anybody using vim wants to help :)

Sure, go ahead please.

Ciao
      Jörg