Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] custom plugin (*.dll) is not working at plugin configured pa

From: Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 10:04:31 -0400
The API/ABI has changed between 1.10 and 1.11 (and tends to change in every major version). You will have to rebuild your plugin against the 1.10 source in order to use it with a 1.10 binary.

Evan

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 7:44 AM, Hardik Patel <hardik.party@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello guys,
I have created simple plugin in windows environment which just label Name on perticular TCP port number.
After building with make i get .dll in same folder where source code exist.
>nmake -f Makefile.nmake all
when i copy in following folder then launch wireshark.exe from C:\wireshark\wireshark-gtk2 works fine.
C:\wireshark\wireshark-gtk2\plugins\1.11.0
But when i used to paste foo.dll in below link:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Wireshark\plugins\1.10.1
and start wireshark.exe from  C:\Program Files (x86)\Wireshark then,
wireshark stopped loading and close with error at Registering Plugins at start up.
I am using windows 2008 64-bit and building wireshark with 32-bit library and 32-bit cmd environment  with visual C++ 2010 Express Edition .
What should be problem and it's solution ???

Regards,
Hardik Patel