Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] please help

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:28:58 +0200
Hello Kaushik,

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 01:00:35PM +0530, Ned Stark wrote:
> I am new to Open source coding.I have a fair grip on c,libpcap library and
> some packet capturing and I am very interested in network analysis and I
> would love to contribute to Wireshark. Can anyone please tell me about
> where to start.

It really depends on that you want to do, the only common thing is to look
at the WSDG (Wireshark Developers Guide) and the READMEs in doc/ and of
course to compile Wireshark yourself. Once you are there you need to decide
where to go next - enhance an existing protocol, add a new protocol, work
on one of the GUIs etc. In case you you have only a rough idea of what you
want to do, just ask again.

> Thanks in advance.And pardon me if the question is naive.

Don't worry, it isn't - feel free to continue asking!

Ciao
   Jörg